Bald Mary's Bookshelf: Naked Lunch By William S. Burroughs

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Naked Lunch By William S. Burroughs



Naked Lunch is easily one of the weirdest, most disturbing books I have ever read. It's difficult to read, and hard to understand. Oddly enough, it's also funny, vivid and unforgettable. I am about 3/4 through it, and I read it almost entirely on the metro--a slim book. The other morning, I was reading it on my way to work, and at an especially disturbing scene, I felt distinctly my stomach turn. I haven't picked it up since...but will soon, and finish off the sucker.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kenyon said...

It's an incredible book... quite indescribable really.

By the way, apologies for the glut of comments - you did me the service of commenting on mine, so I thought I would return the favour although I seem to have gone a touch overboard. Very interesting and thought-provoking blogs!

6:42 AM  
Blogger ricklibrarian said...

Did you finish? I never did. I never caught on, even when I read supplemental material. I tried in college and again recently. Congratulations if you did.

Thanks for commenting on my review of Imperial Reckoning.

Rick

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

testingg

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home